Thursday, December 15, 2016

Push Auction (for ebay) my thoughts

You are probably coming to this thread coz you have come across another seller who is using Push Auction and you may or may not have tried other products like Auctiva or Inkfrog and are uncertain about Push Auction.
The reason you are uncertain is because they are Chinese based, because you are finding it hard to pin point information to make you feel sold on the product.
AUCTIVA/INKFROG
I am PushAuction user, previously I used Inkfrog I got so feed up with Inkfrog bugs and focus on the aesthetics side of their business to pick up new customers and not looking after the hard core ebay sellers that couldn't give a toss about colours and nice pictures they just want a database solution that will look after their 1,000s of products and 100s of weekly sales and allow for staff. Inkfrog and Auctiva is for beginners and as your business grows you will soon realise you need to leave. Whats more it will cost you 6 months and 1,000s of dollars in labour to do so.
NO FORUMS 
There are no forums for PushAuction which leaves you contacting support@pushauction.com if you have questions and you will have lots of them. Luckily they speak good english, they are generally pretty good with their response times, they don't bullshit you with fluffy go nowhere sales answers like auctiva and inkfrog support. The lack of forums though is a big killer because there is no  knowledge shared you are on your own.
PREPARE YOURSELF
Being a newbie to PushAuction sucks a fat one! They have video tutorials but it is so overwhelming and you will find it so hard if not impossible to get your head around how to actually get your first listing going. My support assistant gave up and called it quits and eventually just mearly after beating my head against the wall so many weeks and feeling like I was just getting caught up in a tangled mess something somewhere clicked and all that familiarisation of the different parts started to come together. Point is the tutorials don't help, their is no forum, it is not easy to get started
.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT the greatest downfall
They have built a everything to run your ebay store and manage your inventory in one place you can assign stock to warehouses and even shelves in that warehouse, create purchase orders from your stock listings. Brilliant right! All that time, code and planning hours and hours of it! and all of it a big fat waste of time because when an item sells on ebay it fails to reduce your stock quantity so you have an inventory management system that can't even automatically reduce stock on hand. I am serious here that have gone to alot of trouble building their inventory manager, on your listings you can even say how many stock units the listing is worth (eg lot items). I have contacted them multiple times pleading with them to link up sales on ebay with reducing stock on hand in the inventory section it will take like max of 3 hours of programming. This was their last response to my query "Our "inventory" function is free for user, but currently it can not achieve such a feature. Later we will continue to make optimization."
AS A LISTINGS MANAGER
As a listings manager I am happy with it and glad I made the switch for any newbies, for new products you create a profile first list that profile to ebay, existing listings you go to your live listings and create a profile from that listing and link existing live listing to the profile. You always make changes in the profile and update the live listing from the profile.
CONCLUSION
It cost me over 6 months to switch over to PushAuction as would it do moving that amount of products I have 2 staff and me working part time. PushAuction is another level up for sellers as there store grows I am happy I persisted with the changeover and have not looked back over my shoulder thinking was it the right thing to do.

10 comments:

  1. great review, and very helpful.
    are you still using their services ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. anymore suggestions and details will be very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry mate I did not get any emails from my blog to say someone had commented.

      Yes I still use them. I have looked and looked for something better and there is nothing.

      There is plenty of stock management systems but nothing for ebay powersellers to manage their listings and communication.

      Another thing crap thing I forgot to mention is you can sign for a free account with is great coz you get access to all the areas eg stock, crm, listings. As soon as you want subscribe one categories to unlock all the features for that category eg sales they disable all the other areas even through free users have access to them. The only way to re-activate to them is to subscribe to them as well. Also the prices are based on 1 user, but 2 users is compulsory. So $5 a category is really $10 a category whether you want to users or not.

      I subscribed to all the categories and lucky for me I have 2 staff members so I do get the user out of the 2 logins.

      Delete
    2. Hi Russel,

      thank you very much!
      after comparison and testing i made with so many other tools, this is certainly the most professional and by far the best.

      thank you again,

      D.A

      Delete
  3. Yer sure go for it. I am not interested in the copywright.

    I only wrote this up coz I was procrastinating from doing work and also coz whenever you google for reviews on software it is always fake reviews on review websites that corner software companies into to NOT publish the real reviews that people try and post on the review website for a subscription fee in return for the fee they use various tricks to make the reviews look authentic and allowing the public to submit reviews that are never going to get published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi i cant find anyone else using this so your statement that you on your own is just to true,
    is there anyone else that i can link to using this software as just about driving me mad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still good and using them?

    Will be looking at this as well. Looked also at 3DSellers and Baselinker which looks pretty powerful. I tried Auctive or Inkfrog in the past but their websites just suck, so much about them sucks. Wouldn't spend a penny. 3DSellers increased their pricing in the middle of recession. Not nice. Signed up for Baselinker and was going to test this Pushauction although I been hesitant to link them with my Ebay account for a while already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The global distribution centres killed my ebay business in Australia. Australia Post is so slow to send post around Australia 2 to 3 weeks east to west coast.

    The chinese are now able to hold their stock in these distribution networks which will bundle different sellers you have bought off items together overnight them at the discounted chinese postage rate get a australia post sticker put on them when they arrive here and have their parcels arrive quicker than I can have mine delivered all at a fraction of the post outlay.

    When I was doing it. Push Auction was the next level up from software like Inkfrog. After that I paid even more money and upgraded again to a full scale inventory management software which there are a few out their but the pricing gets more expensive I tested a few and settled on Ecomdash. What it allowed me to do was build kits/bundles. So for example I had 10 singular items (my actual stock). I could then create packages, bundles and all sorts of listings. When a bundled listing sold it reduced the stock count of each items in the bundle and updated all the listings that relied on different stock so you never oversold. This worked with the exception of.. The buyers that go and put multiple items in the cart at the same time and checked out as the system only depreciated the stock count after a purchase on ebay so sometimes there was oversale of stock and had to explain it to the angry buyers. But it allowed me to increase my product listings on ebay by 10s of thousands without having any more stock on hand just by creating bundles. It was definitely worth the money and time setting up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about the Chinese distribution centres. I used to work for a business supplying services to warehouses and before pandemic hit I had 3 large Chinese customers setting up just that around the town. Big accounts, they deep pockets, they never ask for discount, they expect you to take their boss to dinner for Piking Duck and their kids running the warehouse while studying here. Their drive no less than BMWs and Mercedes cards.

    ReplyDelete