Thursday, February 2, 2017

Ford Fiesta WT 1.6i Petrol Engine Fuel Filter

Just going to do a 60,000 km service on my 2012 WT Petrol Fiesta and I've not been able to find any information on the internet about the Fuel Filter so here are my findings.



1. The Fuel/Petrol filter is only available as a genuine part, if you can find on ebay good luck to you.
2. I rang my local ford dealership today and was told the filter is $109 AUD (as of Feb 2017).
3. The fuel filter location is on the drives left side of the petrol tank, you get to it from underneath the car. There is a white clip which supposedly you can push back and the filter wiggles down, I tried and it would move.

4. You will find lots of information pointing to the Ryco Z795 fuel filter, this is for the Diesel engines only it contains a water trap and bleed valve (petrol filters do not have these).

GET A FEW HITS ON THIS PAGE, feel free to leave a comment to say hello.

2 comments: